20 May, 2017

My Books

In case anyone is keeping score :), here are my existing and future books! (Note: the titles of all books after number 3 are subject to change!) Long Live the King: The Mysterious Fate of Edward II will be out in the UK in twelve days.

1) Edward II: The Unconventional King (published October 2014)

2) Isabella of France: The Rebel Queen (pub. March 2016)

3) Long Live the King: The Mysterious Fate of Edward II (to be pub. 1 June 2017)

4) A True King’s Fall: The Life of Richard II, King of England 1377-1399 (to be pub. 15 October 2017)

5) Valour and Vainglory: The Life of Hugh Despenser the Younger (to be pub. probably September 2018)

6) Blood Roses: The Houses of Lancaster and York 1245-1415 (to be pub. late 2018 maybe)

7) Affluence and Abduction: The Lives of the de Clare Sisters, 1292-1360 (to be pub. probably September 2019)

8) Philippa of Hainault: Queen of Edward III, Mother of the English Nation (to be pub. around October 2019)

9) Time-Honour’d Lancaster: John of Gaunt, Grandfather of Europe (to be pub. around October 2020)

Phew! That's a lot of writing! I'd better go and get on with it :-)

12 comments:

sami parkkonen said...

That is wonderful!! I'll be waiting for those, specially the ones of Edward and his life/death and Roses stuff.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of writing in a very small space of time...

Kathryn Warner said...

Thanks, Sami!

Anon: yes, it really, really is. I'm extremely busy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant timing - the third book will be published a week before my birthday. Amanda

Anerje said...

You're going to be very busy! Can't wait😀

Anonymous said...

That is indeed a lot of writing, how do you do it? I am so impressed.

I am especially looking forward to your book on Richard II, can't wait to read it.

Happy writing!

Susanne

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading them ... I've read the first two, and both were wonderful!

Esther

Kathryn Warner said...

Thank you, everyone! ;-) Yes, I am manically busy writing, and still teach as well! :)

Lisa said...

I have a technical question. Do you use notecards?

Oh, and by the way I will buy each and everyone you write!

Kathryn Warner said...

Thank you, Lisa! Actually no, not usually.

sami parkkonen said...

What I respect most of this whole massive body of work is the ability to bring out tons and tons of information in a fluent form and the fact that the sources are, if possible, the original ones. None of the "this has been said many times before by other historians and so I repeat it here again" -stuff which plagues history so often.

That is great. It also brings many many historians and writers to shame when they write down stories which are, well, just stories based on stories written by other writers before and not any real written documents etc.

Excellent stuff and professionalism, interesting reading and whole lotta of entertainment too!

Goatberry said...

I can hardly wait! I don't know how you do it. Many take years to write a single book, whereas you write multiples, all at once! Jennifer