25 April, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Oops, I meant to write a blog post today on this most special day, but completely forgot.  :-)  730 years ago today, on 25 April 1284, Edward II was born in Caernarfon, North Wales.  Happy Birthday, my dear lord king!  Here instead is a post I wrote about his birth several years ago.  Today is also the birthday of Roger Mortimer (1287) and of Louis IX of France (1214), great-grandfather of Edward's queen Isabella.  Many happy returns, all!

Normal blog- writing service to be resumed soon, I hope :-)

7 comments:

Little Angelic Rose said...

Obviously too busy celebrating. Break out the bubbly!

Anerje said...

I'll crack open another bottle of bubbly! (hic). Happy Birthday Edward II!

Sonetka said...

Happy birthday to Edward -- and Mortimer too, I guess. That shared birthday must have spared Isabella a few awkward moments (of course, a shared name would have spared even more :)).

Kathryn Warner said...

Thanks, both! Haha! :)

Katarzyna Ogrodnik-Fujcik said...

Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

Carla said...

Happy birthday to all concerned :-)

Sami Parkkonen said...

:-D